Friday, August 1, 2014

"Bifrost"

"Bifrost"

Sitting in my throne
the atonement I have yet to issue.
Pride the tissue used
to abuse truth and wipe it clean.
Gone are the chances
I presumed reserved for redemption
but I have earned no exemption.
Conviction has a life of names
tailor fitted for shame
but my outlook is void of guilt.
We are worlds apart
separated by a bridge built
between indifference and ascension.
Dimensions this life cannot profess
any manner of experience toward.


This life………

Hard by design but
truly maligned when
forcefully refined for those
who feel the need to be defined.
The incline is steeper
than angles slanted between planets
but the connection remains there.
Fair enough for the ambitious
but the stubborn struggle uphill
until it nearly kills them.


Filled them with the very pride
that stands between me and my throne.
Similar affairs have called you home
and I honestly would love to visit
but I will not exhibit
what I deem submissive in perception.
Direction known by those I train.
Even they notice the strain
and the redundancy it manifests.
They jest in secrecy.
No trace of meek in me.
Believed you sought to weaken me.
I knew better but
the regal standard bearer
will not be viewed as a trend setter.


Lonesome magistrate with less dominion.
Opinion in extent
is only lent to the constructive
who recognize it as a mere extension
of our emotional ties.
My eyes have combed the skies
in search of alternative measures.
I treasure your countenance for its rarity
but clarity in my possession dies.
Wasteful sacrifice for pride
that only ensures a slight change
in what I once thought inevitable.


Miracle may cross that bridge
two hundred times between us
before it pays me a visit.
I create the limits
and adhere to them firmly.
Terms have changed
that I have yet to acknowledge;
convincing myself that there is solace
in denouncing unwelcome aversion.
There are reasons why dispersion
makes the ground beneath us smooth:


Influence makes the planets move.

I am alone among millions.
Stars only serve
to illuminate this bridge between us.
Distance in deliberate fashion
has distorted my view
of everything old and new


except you.

Clearer vision would not
have us tarry here this long.
Time will not prolong
that which may fade with passing moments.
Without atonement,
I might perish in stubborn pursuit of you.
I've claimed more time than I should.
Made more excuses than most would.


This is the very least I could do.
















I'm coming for you. 

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment