Friday, May 2, 2014

"The Blackout Part 5: Ownership"

"The Blackout Part 5: Ownership"

Left to recall times
when it was all so amazing.
I feel it fading.
It lingers in feint reminder
of what only exists to prove
that its existence is truly futile.
Feudal our favored approach.
After all, what difference does property
uphold to souls sought in propriety?
Wherein do we not resemble society?


High time to keep up with them.
Steeped in troubles of the world
that we swore to exclusivity.
Are you kidding me?


None of this is normal.
Less of it is formal, granted
but a love we deem heavy handed
was never far from the standard


so I don't blame you.

Who will tame you?

Names you exclaim
that incite no beckon of me
yet you confide in me.
Threads you don't really want
intermingle with your grasp.
With every gasp, the fight grows ever so pointless.
Who wants who?
Who wants to?
Who needs this?
Ran the risk years behind
but our hindsight is all about face
and the beliefs couldn't be more contradictory.


Lost as we are, I won't blame we.

You fill me.

You feel me with time passing.
We always crash into that moment.
Two twin beds no match for that floor.
Creaking door cracked where care escaped.
No comforter.
No sheet.
Not even a drape to mask our debauchery.
I your only cape. My conquest bent before me.


You fill we.

Commands sharp and stern
concerned with precision
that of scalpels upon first incision.
What is riled in division
we compiled into this mission.
Pushed back to tug forward.
Lunged forth to the brink of pulsation.
Repeated fits of elation between us.


If only the world could've seen us…………

You feel we.

Twice that night and never again.
Cumbersome love.
Awkward friends.
Exceptional when guided by lust, though


and I don't blame you.
Who could blame me?


This is the same we
sworn to follow where feelings wander.
Lord knows where the mind gave up.
We stick it in to pull it back out.
We were bound to black out eventually.
Sensual the ability used to mask fault lines
etched deeper than chalk chiseled though concrete.
All that appeared complete was our implosion.


Present one who would dare
find fault among the chosen.


I still pretend as if
that manner of judgment doesn't exist.
I persist in mockery of we:
Celebration of the past,
preconceived punishments we've cast,
dreams that always seem to last
and threats to those looking to dash
but no chance to hash it out at last


So I can't possibly blame you
lest I am ready to blame myself
and I am far from willing.
Time not half as unforgiving
as the mind never forgetting
what brings us back to that night.
I even chose to whisper your name
in moments where I came all the same.


Shame my presumed belonging
yet I'm longing to be shackled;
bound before the bawl and cackle
of a life that bore our story.
Place me in your inventory.
Shelve me close within your reach.
Share our secrets or just keep
them long enough for all to breach.


This is all that I beseech. 































Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment