Monday, May 12, 2014

"The Blackout Part 6: Requiem"

"The Blackout Part 6: Requiem"

This will be very exciting.
Said the same thing
when we first met.
First fret over when we would reach
the last day before increased distance.
First sweat dripping from the brow.
We share similar nights now.
First set of diamond encrusted whatever
as long as we stay together.
My desperation much more implicit then.
I consistently remember when
trapped within back then.


Back when the pain was pleasurable
and we broke skin to find treasures
buried deep beneath the layers.
Prayers for our indecent display.
Dismay on the faces of the concerned.
Images still burned into minds.
Days never as far behind
as one would think they should be.
Should we take alternate routes?
If asked about your whereabouts,
I might relinquish the truth.
Can't explain this stained suit.


Truth will tell you of my obsession.
Transgression no sufficient threat
so I chose to make you sweat.
Are you excited yet?
I bet.
If only you could get behind
but you recline against my mind instead.
You said you let go.
I know.
Didn't listen, though.
You just couldn't show
what I refused to throw away.


Such an eventful day……
I thought you'd pack light.
Now I'm forced to pack heavy.
Steady my intent upon unstable foundation.
For what this may concern,
we deserve their indignation.
We have earned ourselves an urn.
My best stab at alliteration.
God in Heaven watched us try.
We struggled just to thrive
after burying the past alive.
Blunt reminders spread like hives.
Crawling under skin.
Blood running thin
clotted in between flesh
and these fresh fabrications.
Libation amplifies the rapture.
Capture half yoked while sober.
Took you where the air gets colder
and visitors seldom tread.


Remember what you said?
I recall every single phrase.
The haze enough to leave me faint.
You would taint my thoughts in lecture
but conjecture is of no use here.
Dear sweet complete with lifeless trimming.
The beginning certainly more vibrant
than what you're adorned in today.
Crimson and cream your last display.
The sky gray in culmination
of one last sudden sensation
and I can hardly contain it anymore.
Before we are found,
life will drown in oceans of fire.
We must retire in good time.
I couldn't erase all the lines.


Honest excitement in your countenance.
You almost appear somewhat contrived.
Frail and pale you lay atop this heap.
Calm yourself and fall asleep.
I will follow close behind.
I promised never to back out.
You are the light I'll never find
so we'll both embrace the blackout. 





















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment