Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"Suicide Beneath The Sky"

"Suicide Beneath The Sky"

Held hands with hope
While forewarned by fate
That the sky would be falling.
I ignored the warnings.
It all crashed around us.
Stubborn heart.
Foolish mind.
Had to leave my hope behind.
Lodged within the rubble.
Said that she was trouble.
Nothing was more absurd
Than her dieing words.
At least that's what I figured.
Felt broken and disfigured.
Days from reaching for the trigger.
Guess I was waiting to be delivered.

The setup.
The sketch.
The plan.
The schematic.
It was so awesome and tragic.
Head over heels between meals,
more thrills, high heels, deep chills,
Thick legs well fed.
Restless nights in bed
Pondering her like stories unread.
Festering fascination and infatuation.
I wouldn't own up to obsession;
Yet I clung to it amid objection.
Down to ride although unidentified
As her affectionate equivalent.
Monthly lease. Not even rent.

I was content.
I wouldn't insist.
Never could resist;
Even while she would enlist.
So willing to desist
That I ignored the list.
No way I'm on it.
No way it exists…………
Jumped over turnstile and fence
Against the grain of common sense
Even when it all felt tense
For a love worth three cents.
Phrases coined for wooden nickels.
Penned verses profound yet simple
From a heart so quick and nimble
Threading heartstrings without my thimble.

Daredevil duty in surrender.
Relentless consent to malicious intent.
Stalwart diligence in pursuit
Of branches bearing little fruit.
Our tree yields no nourishment.
Seeds planted deep in holes wide open.
Token child of love's light well rooted.
Hopeless romantic rogue to paths chosen.

Hopeless? Yes.
Love? Sure.
Learned to hope less;
Yet I still loved more.
Loved with all I had.
Would borrow more from lenders.
Thought I wore her heart tender.
Not much progression rendered.
Played possum and pretender.
Her and I.
Her for reasons why.
I as if it would never die.

She doused my sunlight.
Stole stars before midnight.
Cracked the crevice of our heaven
And crushed my clouds with might.
Fate and time screams loud.
I ignore and stare like I'm proud;
Overflow of elation like asphyxiation.
Ties never severed for sake of circulation.
Brother smothered.
Twisted sister.
Makeshift markdown hoping one day
To be addressed as her mister.

Sky falls with tears.
Moist eyes trace trickles to ears.
Hope is all I see
Since she no longer wants me.
Hope would lay with me
When my emotions were doubled
and I ignored impending trouble.
Held hands beneath rubble.

Debris cuts my face.
I still seek her grace.
Eyes scratched raw and wet.
Blood burns like mace.
Here, my dear.
Hope, draw near.
Even she forsakes me.
Hopeless love sedates me.

Nothing more to shake me.
Worked so hard to break we
That she would even berate me.
My lifeless love so unrequited.
Death of hope like life extinguished.
Hope floats; leaving me undistinguished.
No substantial trace. Just my disfigured face.
Life of love for the death of me.

Hope floats. Faith anchors.
Love desired. Faith favored.
Lust savored. Time trials.
Tread me thoughtless. Heart defiled.
Basked, wallowed and riled.
So much ambiance in my wiles.
Faith couldn't stall. The sky still falls
And love for her trapped me under.

Nowhere I'd rather be.
She means so much to me.
I'm sure one day she'll see.
My body scorched whole for we
And scattered across the sea.
Extensive stints of tears she cried;
But I don't understand why
She'd choose to lie under the same sky…………†EVL

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment