Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"The Lonely Poet"

"The Lonely Poet"

I may not be as captivating;
But I promise to be fascinating.
Won't you open your ears?
Don't you care to hear
About things that pique my interest
And tickle my fancy?
Let them trickle slowly within you
Before they begin dancing
In a concise pattern of movement:
Rubbing against cranial walls
And cerebral hemispheres
To the center of what we hold dear.

Am I selfish for expecting
Or am I just here protecting
The quality of my craft
While addressing your neglecting?
I like to think I'm swell
And my verses are written well
And the words I juggle and jot
Rarely share the same old plot.
I am a proponent of diversity.
I tell stories of adversity,
Those in search of forever
And helpless souls bound to eternity.

Don't walk away.
I swear I'm not stalling.
I won't take all day.
I just want to share my calling.
Besides, what good is a public speaker
Who cannot find his forum?
Sometimes I feel like a preacher
Encased in the majestic decorum
Of sky high chandeliers
And beautifully stained glass.
God's house he holds dear;
But most people just drive past
Without even so much as a glance
At what the sermon is about;
But if given just one chance,
He can bring them out
Of their hulls of mediocrity.
He can make their lives colorful;
Bearing the blessing of breached monotony
And truly offer something wonderful.

But hey; that's fine.
You've checked your watch five times
And it's only been seven minutes.
I guess I've reached my limit.
Sorry for keeping you so long.
Although your silence was prolonged,
I hope I've at least broken through.
Maybe you'll share this with a few.
Maybe not.
Either way,
I'll leave you to your ways.
I'll share with you some other day..........

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment