Sunday, September 4, 2011

"My Friend. Your Reflection. Our Identity."

"My Friend. Your Reflection. Our Identity."


Eyes dim. 
Ears closed shut.
Mouth,
Nostrils,
Arms,
and Heart wide open.
You're sprung.
That's why your head is hung.


Clear the slate.
Start over.
Let's begin again:
Hello, friend.
I'm still here.
Remember me?
Forgot my name?
What happened to we?
We're not the same;
and I'm not surprised.
You ignored what was truly vital
in your hunger for a title.


You have the nerve to be spiteful.
When it's no longer delightful
and you aren't winning the game,
you evenly disperse the blame...


...well, almost even.
Your convictions are unbalanced.
Your skewed perception is challenged
because your priorities were mismanaged.
Now wherein lies the damage
when you say that it's okay
until you can no longer hide away?
That's when you fear the fray.


That's when you want to abstain
and go against the grain;
saying you're done with all the pain;
but you pretend to break the chains.


You hold on for dear life.
"That's my future wife!"
That's just your baby's daddy;
but you miss him badly.


You're so brute and manly
as long as she is by your side;
but let her choose new paths,
and all that strength is cast aside.
She'd rather park than ride;
but you want to drive through
and when she won't confide,
you never question what's inside you.


You've lost your true essence.
You appear weak in her presence.
She used to scream your name;
but she's become something you can't tame.


You sit there in the stands.
You were his biggest fan
until he outgrew your demands
and erased you from his plans.


You relinquished your signature
when you elected to become a fixture.
You whip up that mixture
and consume the entire elixir.
You call it love potion.
It's full of those emotions
spiked to their highest level
and you drink til you're unsettled.


You stumble in delirium
and compromise your equilibrium
until you've had your fix;
but you still want to mix.


Disobedient to self.
Gleefully obeying your desire.
You've signed up for this position
and now find it hard to retire.
 You cater to the will
and the wiles
and the trials
all the while
wondering why
it feels pointless to trust a try.
Your eyes are never dry
and they never meet the sky.


You fixate them to the ground.
So customary is your frown.
Your issues are standard issue.
You're so used to looking down.


He does not miss you.
She isn't coming around.
She never really noticed.
His heart isn't where you're bound.


Break away
if you can.
It's not about being a man
or trying to take a stand.
Your demands mean nothing
if she never opened her hand.


Find a way
instead of crying another day.
Stop begging him to stay.
Keep your fears at bay.
It matters not what you say.
You can't make him your hideaway.


Come here.
Look at me.
Look at we.
What do you see?
I see what you should want to be.
Touch me.
Want me.
Flaunt me.
Feel me.
Love me.
Only put God above me.
You serve no one.
Make no man your master.
You are shining strength.
Let no woman make you a disaster.
You were before
and will be after.


Come close.
Open you eyes.
Don't you see?
This is me.
I am you.
We are we.
Remember me?
What's my name?
What's your claim?
You are prestige.
You are fame.


Now walk away
as you start anew today
and every time you take a glance,
I'll look exactly the same way.




I will offer no objection.
I require no covert detection.
There's no need for inspection.
I am your reflection.


I am not divinity;
but you are no obscenity.
This is what will always be.
We are Identity.


Never forsake me.
Always love we. <3


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment