Sunday, September 11, 2011

"The Scenic Route"

"The Scenic Route"

She would've been a catch at 22
If not for the catch 22:
See: I caught her on her knees
Fulfilling some unsavory needs.
Even when she wouldn't feed,
They still urged her to proceed:
Kept her knuckles to the wall;
Knees scraped till they would bleed.
She thought I would take heed;
But instead, I took the lead.
I wanted to see her face
Because she still deserves grace.

Ever woke with a change of heart?
I slept with a stranger's heart
In my hand.
Lately, its been strange on her part.
Is it me she cannot stand?
She mutters for me to expand.
My mind will countermand.

I completely understand;
But she clung to her demands.
I thought all was in hand;
But she had much more planned.
I implored that she desist
Although she was hard to resist.
She would push on and persist.
She said that I was on her list.
Her confused mind consists
Of all the hapless charm and wit
That tore her Psyche to bits
As she did things she can't forget.
She invited me to follow;
But deep inside, she was hollow:
Filled with filth and guilt to swallow
Searching for solace to borrow.
Her eyes held no self care;
Just loneliness and sorrow.
She has so much more to share.
But she never hoped for tomorrow.

At a time I offered her a plan:
Something to help still suicidal hands.
I requested that she release with ease.
She accepted then released pleasantries;
Still withholding from me, nothing;
I sat in horror of stories that included barter,
Explained long ago the thing
was pride she had swallowed
Then hopeless eyes peered at me;
Pleading to leave the judgments behind
while she stood before me.
How can I resist a face so heavenly?

I gave her levity.
Her heart hang heavily;
Sinking down beneath her soul.
No balance. No control.
She wasn't clay for me to mold
Or a story to be told.
Most left her out in the cold;
But she was a sight to behold.
She was so much more to me;
More than others cared to see.
She doesn't need charity.
She needs someone to help her be.
She deserves the best from life.
She endured her share of strife.
No more emotional gashes.
It's time to get rid of the knife.

Incandescent was her stance of life.
She wiped out any indecorum with a pipe.
I hoped only as her savior,
I can reverse this erratic behavior.
She'd get though the night
in a stuporous state
To wake you with streams
of tears on her face.
Listening, my heart filled with distaste......
That's when I knew no longer
could she win any race alone.
So I decided to take up
first place in her life
I decided to illuminate her path
I decided to be the hand
that she can hold.

She cried a myriad of tears;
drowning herself to sleep at night,
but dry eyes purge fear;
so I offered her sunlight.
She needed someone to side with;
not just someone she can ride with.
I've no desire to dive in.
I just need her to confide in me.
She is so much more
than she'll allow herself to be.
A world of blessings are in store.
I know that nothing is earned free;
but she can transcend potential.
She can go further than possibility.
With or without the credentials,
she can enjoy the liberty
of knowing that her life
is no longer marred with the pain
caused by her past decisions.
There's so much for her to gain.

We dance to the tunes
of the marrowy facts
that at last life
has turned around,
There's no looking back.
Our first step forward
as we move toward the
life that I promised
as we push onward
I smiled knowing that
this decision was final;
the security she found in me,
the solace in we.
She and I trudged
up what was rocky
Happily we come to a place
where we could be free.
Finally.

Our undeniable, everlasting affirmation
was the fact that there is a destination;
no matter the route of navigation
or what form of intricate formation.
She relinquished most of her sanity
for a life of shame and vanity;
but when given a second chance,
she found a love that was uncanny.
It's ever so easy to backslide
when the ceiling greets your backside;
but when given the chance to stand,
she found where she should reside.
No more abiding by the rules
of a litany of unsavory tools
that drool as she warms bar stools.
Life is no longer minuscule.
There's so much beauty to be found
when looking at the bigger picture.
Chain smokers have lost control
over when her light can flicker.
Love repaired her broken jaw
and healed her blackened eyes.
It may not hide her flaws;
but she no longer asks God why.
She willingly opened her heart
without having to part her legs.
I stretched out my loving arms
and she never had to beg.
A path cluttered with maybes
eventually brought us to together.
Time will plot our next direction
as we draw closer to forever. ♥
Written By: Allan Ricketts And Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment