Monday, June 14, 2021

Trivial

Trivial


Perceiving you as a mere

passing thought

is my favorite lie to tell 

before,

after

and between smiles

knowing well

that these memories I've filed

will last more than a little while.


Hard to reconcile with the calendar.

Masterful manager of a time

that I still seem to 

find myself lost in

if I can't share it with you.


Often at odds with the days,

I willingly create

and peruse the maze;

wishing so hard to be dazed

until I slip into a trance

and lay back;

watching thoughts and feelings dance.


I see them dip

and swish

and sway about in this space.

A place where the way out

isn't paved with doubt.

No scream.

No shout.

No more without.


"About to"

without you

remains unfinished

so I replenish my means

whenever I choose to dream.

Whether pristine

or obscene,

thoughts of you fulfill me.


I wonder if you feel me

blinking away gently

everything within me 

that would chase away the thinking.


I'm honestly curious

about whether or not

you've taken similar note

of the sinking.


No,


Not the "feeling."


Not a clever concept

representative of something

worth concealing from disclosure.


Real,

Literal exposure.

Pushing distance aside

just to place you here

before my eyes

to bear witness to my favorite lie.


Do you in like manner

pretend that I'm some.........

.........passing fancy

or is the truth behind the farce

just as damning for you too?


Where are you?

















Devin Joseph Metz

6.14.21


No comments:

Post a Comment