Sunday, March 29, 2020

"Fruit Snacks"

“Fruit Snacks”

Mistakenly got it twisted.
Was ready to catch the mist
and still somehow missed it
so again,
my lap is dripping.
I’ve missed this feeling.

Tiny kisses.
Pecks between sips of juice.
Limbs not loose enough yet.
Joints locked 
like my eyes 
on her thighs
and she drives me.
Wouldn’t bother even trying
to pry myself from this couch.
Mouth open for extra air.
Palms full of her hair 
with a scent reminiscent
of nutmeg and warm cinnamon.

Time went away.
Middle of the day, I suppose.
Close to her center.
Collected clothes around dinner.
Ceiling on a dimmer
like light hardly matters.
Casual switch in her hips.
More gradual now.
Faster.
Smooth and slick in my lap
like lather or batter overmixed.
Fixed on release,
she fits like a crease
Folded gently into pillows.
Moist air billows
like pollen in the wind.
Anticipation enlisted for ease
when she takes me in
and before we reach the end,
I find my lap wet again.

Woke up to her
chewing bubble gum.
Perfume in my lungs.
Bit my tongue
when I leaned in to kiss her.
Whispered demands
for my hands to follow accordingly.
Forward first then leaned back 
after losing my jeans,
or shorts,
or slacks.
It never really matters.
Had her worst ways displayed
as the best of my intentions.
Thought I’d eventually
commit some time to intervention
and make way to some ascension
from my place on this furniture
but her overtures
effective
with a few simple directives
and some incentive, of course
tends to smooth over this coarse
concept of merely being her favorite seat.

I fancy her my favorite treat.
not really one for meager portion
when I can clearly see it packaged.
Managed nice and tight in lace.
Soft and smooth to grace my face
so I would gladly sit in place
if only to enjoy a taste.
Trace of juice at the seam.
Warm like steam just escaped.
Skin slightly scrapes stubble.
Adjustments made for slip and stumble
and the gentle rumbling of thighs.

Eyes close and time froze
when it decided to return.
Moments burned into my mind:
Recurrently resurfacing
sound
like chimes in the wind.
Scent
wondered about when distant,
lusted after when in reach
and truly felt when up close.
Taste
a sweetly scattered burst of flavor
I imagine teeth would have to 
break through skin to savor.
Thought
a loop of similar reasons why I
never seem to labor enough
to rise from this couch
to include the way my neck would bend,
her wrappers strewn across my floor
and in the lazy haze of it all,
this moisture in my lap
Again.

I think I’ll lay here awhile.




















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz



No comments:

Post a Comment