Wednesday, January 23, 2019

"Y'all Talk?"

"Y'all Talk?"

She is the secret
that I only share
with our lonesome air 
to impart temporary comfort.
The grand performance
that I'd never dare pair
with a theater fully seating
a completely attentive audience.

She is that audible sound
that I make
when something tastes
far better
than I thought it would.
Too good to keep the recipe
anywhere
other than one's memory, though.

If pleasure truly is guilty,
then our iniquities in sight
would draw me furthest from the light.
Nightly practice of positions
preferred wholly over sleep,
she is that corner of the room
where darkness tends to loom
and glow is too afraid to creep toward.
She easily makes it hard.

She is delight in difficulty.
The rash decision resulting
in unavoidable trials
with all the guile and testimony
that may never ring in ears.
The peculiar fit of enchantment
with that entranced state of fear
and I really don't mind her tears.

I'm here
and shouldn't be.
Right mind
and wouldn't be.
Like mine
no good for me.
Like mind
but good to me.
No one watching.
Timer done clocking.
Headboard still rocking.....
.....drawing more secrets to my mouth.
I drew those secrets with my mouth.
There might be days we scream and holler
but this secret won't leave my mouth
and I
really want to shout
but then,
what could I lie about?















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment