Wednesday, December 20, 2017

"Depth For The Shallow"

"Depth For The Shallow" 

Scene in time before
seen in mind
where chimes are ignored
and thoughts implored
long after exploration.
One's inclination
to the misfortune
of the sudden
sunken
sullen hesitation
is motivation aplenty
to move quickly in purpose.
Purported as
actions ill fated
when consequences are slated.
Sedated.
Tossed about and away
for today's version of
right now
and
right away
and
nothing more to say
with the space between shared air
filled and accounted for.
Counted more in regret
than I ever did in risk involved.
A puzzle not yet solved
left for the voluntary thinker.
Deliberate tinkerer
casting attention to beforehand,
therein, herein
and thereafter.
I familiarize and sympathize
only after feigning laughter
in an attempt to quell my shame.
My name a thinner shell
spoken to me in confliction
rather then when sipping
from the dripping well
designed to make our conceived hell
fit to endear before the tears.
Years alone by choice
whilst the fear in my voice
implies the true tenor of my nature.
We seek favor but run blind.
We chase calm while self maligned.
Our dilemma deftly defined
by what we kept
and left behind...


















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment