Tuesday, November 15, 2016

"When Days Would Dream"

"When Days Would Dream" 

More than a month
and I'm still reminiscing.
Enough time flew by
for a "Hi" before kissing...
...wishing then that time would freeze
until my knees no longer buckled.
Thoughts huddled together
like clouds before the change in weather.
I was in the greatest state of whatever
whether or not she's noticed.
Took years to grow this
strain of mature affection.
In reflection,
these feelings were barely dormant.
Distance and the world itself
rendered as mere doormats
to an encounter worth the endurance.
The assurance was the fact
that I'd saved every single scrap
of sacrifice dedicated to her
because I knew the aim
was to see the face I've claimed
to be worth what life became. 


Her voice wet in ears
and her tone just as moist.
Would travel far from home
for her voice alone.
Aura trapped
yet flowing free behind
a silhouette well defined
by the standards of onlookers
amassed in awe and intrigue.
Speed itself served her in detail.
She,
frail in appearance to the provoked
but enchanted and firm
to those aware of what she invokes.
Weeks since
and I can't rinse the swift
or the wishful
or the darkest of dirty thoughts
from this mind still processing the moments.
On this recollection
I would push for delay
just to relive the day
that Love,
Lust
and Desire spoke to me.
It was there that I left hope floating;
encroaching upon the deliberate
for what felt so close to the knowing.
Instance where air has no temperature
and distance doesn't control me.
Place where what I'm holding
is the only feeling plausible.
Horrible to recall
trying not to fall
as I forced the back pedal away.
Words that we would say,
embraces we can't talk about
but knew were ever present
on seconds to the stare.


Days the weight of years
and I can feel the separation
like this desperation
all at once in my thoughts.
Characteristics of a lack of patience
I wasn't taught.
Deviantly distraught.
Desire dancing with depression
in obsession so obscene
that I pray the dreams remain subconscious.
Wholly conscious of how I view her.
Knew her in ways
that contradict imagination
but the sensation is just as intense.
Incensed by her air space.
Entranced by her fair face
and skin as smooth
as stanzas spoken after first sips.
First trip into this mind
where lips climb
past word play
to serve an extended visit
where hips become barriers
between limit
and the longing languished and lamented..
..presented is she before me
adorn in the glory of the Supreme
whose screams breach the skies
until her cries release the evening torrents. 


These are the visions
sure to torment me
each day 






















and I've yet to walk away from her....

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. Devin. Devin. Devin. This was sensual and tender. An ode that only a woman can wish for in her lifetime. Beautifully done poet. Beautifully done. #TripleDarknessDevin #DevinPoe Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete