Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"Dark Matter"

"Dark Matter" 

Broke the bulb
when the flicker turned dim.
Child of light
complete with devilish grin
all the same with no fangs
concealed behind whispers. 


This per the patience
that was once religion to me.
Time drove division through me
with each new incision soothing
as the strain progresses. 


I've done less with hope
and much more without the wish
yet I insist upon wondering
if I'm among your favorite sins committed.


Repeatedly livid perceiving the possibility
that I might not be granted inclusion.
Exclusion an acquired taste, after all.


So used to crawling to the finish
just to witness a prize as diminished
as my pride has grown after ambition. 


I no longer care to listen.

Watch me slaughter every light
and make the world stop.
Shadows no longer fight
in corners to remain on top.
Lay where light used to hide.


Shimmering remnants trapped inside.
Lodged deeper than shrapnel
from the shattered shards of shine
less divine in this design
than the coarser grains refined
until fine as that of sugar.
Took your gleam and scraped it clean.
Fit to fiend for the obscene.


Think on dreams you'd never speak of
where cheap love
is ransomed for lust.
Each hug the precursor for trust:
the tool that rules before us.
Blew dust from the wicked ways.
Foundation built amid this haze
of guilt you've no doubt succumbed to
until I reach deep enough
for you to come to
and come for me
as I came for you
under shade.
Lost the days.
Savored nights.
Little sight needed when near.
Fear once a formality
is now a residue to be rinsed clean.
Don't be afraid of what is unseen.
There are no screens forewarning.
The adjoining lips,
limbs
and fingers
linger longer
where the stronger urges outlast
what time presents
when light is cast upon it. 


Flaws flaunted
once haunted
encourage the charmer. 


Used to need
the talk and chatter
to get here much faster. 


Thought it right
to embrace light
until it all grew darker. 


Not need to fight.
What comes this night
should be all that matters.... 























Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment