Friday, September 18, 2015

"Thief Amid Darkness"

"Thief Amid Darkness" 

You're the best of my worst occurrence.
My warmth near the chilly furnace
furnished for what dreams
can't even think to warn me of.
Light from above.
You would blind me with love
then you'd bind me.
Silk gloves.
Sitting here cold and nervous.
Your perceived purpose concealing your penchant.
Pendant your sole lead.
I need you
and you leave remnants to ensure such.
Moments when we touch
fill the air with our aroma.
I hear our song before long
and you impart this persona.
This orientation
Disorientation.
Disturbing joy and grace
and I am displaced.
Misplaced my disgrace
yet I fish for desire.
My ire invaluable
but malleable
in the hands I've only felt
once without silk imparted.
Charted out this course
after intercourse
looking forward to our discourse.
More to discover
but as time hovers,
the same is said
for these chances that elude me. 


You used me. 

You use me. 

Still. 

I would kill to feel.
The feeling in my mouth.
You filling in my mouth.
Me feeling you throughout
until I don't think
or care to breathe.
Silk never slid
although sleeves roll up
and the sheets fold up
and we rest in this zone
at our best all alone. 


Here I rest
all alone. 


Drained as my phone is.
Deep as the tone when
realizing what you take away.
Your getaway predetermined.
Planned long before arrival.
Practiced like recital
before an audience anticipating illusion. 


Therein lies the simplest confusion. 

I seem to aid you.
I've made you
the greatest escape artist
of my love, life and times.
You acknowledge I am handsome.
I your ransom
should light ever seek to reveal.
Amid moments in the darkness,
you steal whilst I remain still
in the thrill of your presence.
Enough essence to evade the inquiry
over an infatuation that could lead to
times that might impart accusations
that should've been introductory.
Covered in your cloak.
Smothered as I choke
and my face turns blue
but I won't turn you away from me. 


Leaving me
long before you see
where you've misplaced compassion.
Your passion less hinged on me
when fixed on the energy.
Ice cold skin
never warm without my touch.
Learned as much
after your first attempt at trust.
Too much to process.
Former digression from the initial dereliction
that somehow enchants us both. 


You won't float
unless I'm allowed to swim
and I won't drown
even when you pull me down
and you won't sink
for the remnants that I drink
and before my last blink,
you've taken the time to think
to include me in your plans
without employing demand.
So very far I'd fall.
For you, I'd gladly crawl
even still as you stand 


to walk away. 

Even as I say,
the truth is that I'll always stay
to wait for our next chance to play.
But....
How much is left to steal away
today? 




























Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment