Wednesday, November 26, 2014

"Delivery"

"Delivery" 

I'm here on my back
and you voluntarily can't breathe.
What we need acknowledged.
Honest and bare. 


Would swear on it all
that I wouldn't get that phone call.
It obviously was never enough
to simply eliminate the bluff.
Stuffed me deep past airways
like days trapped in limbo.
the window barely predicting patterns.
Like a lantern's wick embracing flame,
your name escapes my lips
like embers drifting from the furnace.
Furnished well across this bed.
No clearer head for what we've said. 


Vision fancied and enjoyed
until tangibly employed.
No repentance.
Toyed with senseless
and it all made sense to we.
Shape and color happily distorted
in lieu of what we've purported.
To this day, I still can't ignore it.
Recollection of my body contorted
in surrender of released tension
that you'd ambitiously dismember. 


Understand why I choose to remember.... 

Grasping moments daily
where time can stand still
whilst I briefly relive the thrill
of a fine mess well made.
Cloaked under the thick shade
of racing minds and your eager lips.
Gently kissed the tip
as you latch onto my hips.
Soaked lap and cool air.
fist full of your hair
and guidance all my own.
You knelt at the altar
just to knock over the throne.
Home alone in welcome company.
Hopefully, no one would come for me 


before I did the same for you. 

Siphoned my soul whole
and replaced it with a new
fresh
exciting
enticing
igniting of fire I never knew existed.
Couldn't resist even if I had the nerve
to ignore the time reserved beforehand. 


Your hands. 

Surveying the surface with precision.
Timeless movement under conditions
that most would squander in anticipation


but not you. 

Watched you fondling your fixation
with a purpose only disclosed
after seeing that the morsels of your labor
never make it to your clothes.
Closed mouth well fed.
Still on my back. Spinning head.
Nights since then my skin glows red
sitting at the edge of this bed.... 


....thinking about all that led us here.

If it never happens again,
rest assured. I will remember.
This I won't return to sender. 























Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment