Sunday, November 9, 2014

"Blender"

"Blender"

You try to ignore it all
as it falls around you.
You focus on me. ...

They look over to see you
step down from that pedestal
like the Herald of a diety.
They praise you like the celestial
and mock you like the harlots they indulge in.


For so long I was sickened.
Listened to their invites
but was quickened to say no.
I'd rue the day that I would go
and here I am spinning this gaunt story.
You feign intrigue and flaunt before me.
The surrounding taunt my measures
and rationalize their guilty pleasures.
Treasured nothing of this manner.
The theatrics hardly matter.
Pretty girl here twirling faster
swirling helpless as men chatter.


Fatter pockets dictate time.
Scaled back reason. Salvaged rhyme
to flail before them like wind chimes.
Make this fortune in your prime.
Get this money. Start the show.
Hide that tarnish. Make it glow.
For the years that tears must flow,
Do your best before you go.


Mess of millions marked and bundled.
Watch your step or you might tumble.
No breakthrough for damaged goods.
Count it up then place your hood
overhead and avoid strangers.
Day to day an increased danger
from the ones who rob and loot
to those looking for recruits.


For so long I was sickened.

Eyes become hands and the plot thickens.

Meeting them at a premium.
For certain, closed curtains are costly
but only one can afford it.
No one will ignore it.
On the verge once you emerge
to observe the newly intrigued.
Besieged under their teeming enchantment.
You can't but they know you will.
They've laid rumor to your skill
and expect you to act accordingly.
Your name and age are secondary
when the main stage becomes necessary.


Faceless angel with a past
somewhere buried under cash.
Flashed a bit under the spotlight.
Hid the pressure on those hot nights
when cold liquor takes a spill.
Trembling hands outline their thrill.
Gaudy shrill in all the rapture
of attention I have captured.
They cheer on. I take the chance.
Lucky me for this lap dance.
They implore that I enslave you.
No intent but I won't save you.


You've no true interest in me.
Do your deed. Collect your fee
but glancing back, you just may see
where my hands and eyes will be.


This service.
Disservice.
A little nervous.
Eyes fixed on
fawn and the fixture.
The meshing.
The mixture.
Lasting picture of each day.
Pick it all up and walk away.











































Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment