Friday, June 13, 2014

"Still Water"

"Still Water"

God bless the day
that you decide to hate me.
Forsake me if you must.
That may be what it takes.
Await the day that I concede;
crushed under what you perceive
but my mass is substantial.
Means so mechanical surround me.
In their convenience manufactured,
they are undoubtedly drowning;
frowning for their fawn and greed.
Their lust disguised as need.

I am as amorphous as you
but we differ in ambition.
Tradition lost on days that pass.
Your self worth like blades of grass
swept up by the wind.
Careless in you skip and grin.
No true account from deep within
yet you only seek my council
when the tide looks to subside.
Nothing more that I can offer.
Gone are the warning signs.
No refuge in my design.
Just tranquility. Less affinity
granted to the quiet force
standing as the likely source
of what the ignorant fear implicitly.

I am consistency.
You view me in a wrought face
until I crash and displace
with violent beauty and grace
unheard of among your leaders.
Nonbelievers in their rank
that tell you to walk the plank
without your oxygen tank.
They know what you never ask.
Freedom flushed within the flask.
Habit taught you how to sigh
while you roll and close your eyes.

They will wince in pain
until sight barely remains.
Stains ingrained will only stay
long enough to wash away
beneath my regal judgement.
Blemish will seek refuge
but sanctuary will forsake her.
I am not your savior.
I am omnipresent.
I am the true essence
of existence in raw form.
I age within the storm
but have not sought harm for years.
You have given me your tears
and I have absorbed your struggle
all while addressing your trouble.
Realize what I have offered.
You taint me when you slaughter
and trust that all will wash away.
Be it at the bay
or further than distance and vision
I will display what God envisioned:
Power steeped in preservation
resting well before whole nations
who wait for something to acknowledge.






















Pay homage.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment