Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Canvas"

"Canvas"

I'll tell you when I'm finished.

Fancy me that drop of ink
landing in your glass of water.
I await as you engorge me whole.
Go on. Take control.
Taste me completely.
Run me through your veins
like restraint is but a fairy tale.
Trails of my presence etched
like blotches on the surface.
Your purpose a mystery to this world.
Toes curled in rapture and elation
as you capture the sensation
that eludes you still.


Drapes ripped from window sills
are cast aside with your regret.
Fret not.
I'm never swift in my action.
More demonstrative in fashions
relative to your reaction to me.
Through me you labor in your lust;
trusting that our fruit is plentiful.
So whimsical your faith in me.
You leave a taste for me
and expect the clean slate to ensue
but I've already told you:


I'll Tell You When I'm Finished.

Time will never diminish.
Your first mistake your endless chore:
thinking that you gave me more
when it chose to stand still.
Raised your limbs across the heavens
and rested them within the hills
so that the river runs seamless.
Seemed less raging in your waters
than when you stood there in your puddle.
I cupped my hands ever so subtle
and drank in every faint gasp
as if poured from a carafe
and you would serve me in earnest.
Embarrassment left your demeanor.
No longer concerned about the cleaner
thoughts that would mess with your head.


Instead,

You make way for all the filthy
ways I made you feel so guilty
when I never really stopped to think.
Barely could recall one wink.
Sinking deep into your bliss.
Murky waters. The abyss.
Imploring that I assist
as if I'd let you resist
Took your risk and planned it daily.
Think you've got them but you're sailing;
trailing what you crave in confidence.
Forced to behave with your compliments.
Your drive written in your countenance.
Surely smitten in accomplishment:
You can now say that you've had me……
……if not for that ceaseless nagging……
……telling you that you want more.
Clawing away at your core.
Seething deep into your pores
until I bring you ashore.
Nevermore before my sight.
You the junkie. I your plight.
I thought we'd call it a night
but before I could reach the light,


You stared me down
drenched in what would be our blemish.
A deviant smile replaced your frown:


"I'll Tell You When I'm Finished."






































Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment