Friday, November 8, 2013

"The Blush Effect"

"The Blush Effect"

Conversing supple like that of
lotion over silken pores.
Easy are the interactions.
My distraction from everything and nothing at all.

I recall leaning against those walls:
the halls of my last place while you anticipate.
Always ready for a taste.
Words that relate in mood.
Found myself smitten as a believer:
Stanzas I deliver
to the enchantment of my receiver
clutching her receiver as if I'd leave her.

We both knew better, baby.
Maybe if the night were longer,
our connection wouldn't seem so brief.
We wouldn't have to ingest the day again.
Our plans would resemble
more fruition than condition.
We would calibrate instead of rehashing
or stashing it all away as sunlight approaches.

Through it all, it would seem
that your fancy involves my ire.
You rub against each thread
until my warmth is present……
……………………then you pull away.

You stay long enough to perfume the air
but even one so fair as you
refused to see it through.
I love every minute that I'm in it.

Too enchanted to be enraged.
Too full to vent frustration.
Generosity in your fascination with me.
I've often failed to glance at what you see.
You sidestep my modesty
and honestly do away with my humble.
You let me mumble
yet you barely even stumble
over my befuddled state of affairs.
Your steadfast interaction
while initially unsettling
is admittedly as refreshing
as the first breath after my last sip.

I've lost my grip.

Shall we call this palpable tension
something seldom noticed and less demonstrative?
Can we say that I perspire
from this mug of hot chocolate?
Can we pretend that I'm not out of pocket
when I say that I've imagined
that deep, full tone all alone
with this lap as your throne?
Can we digress from the fits of stress
that vary from blinks to winks
to glasses of sherry and crushed cherries?

Is it me or is it warmer?

Your glances stronger than any other's advances.
You've fashioned me the charmer
but I've fancied you taking your chances.
So dubious……

My face is evidently flushed.
My last gasp lodged deep within my throat
and you just gracefully float
hours after we've staved our touch.
I'd say you're too much
but I'm a shameless glutton
making room for sigh and swoon.
This crescent moon will fill
before I chastise my will.

Smoothing over every "hi"
are moments that make "goodbye"
harder to look forward to.
Some texts take forever.
Some calls don't get through.

And now you have the audacity
to sit here before me;
nodding in calm admiration?
Patience,
be a living manifestation this moment,.

Please……

Rosy cheeks fluctuate in pigment
although this place is dimly lit.
Palms never before now
asphyxiated to trembling knees.
Blood rushing free
And you just look at me and smile;
all the while observing me
in wonder and amazement:
Less for awe and more for dwindled time keeping.
I'll impart formal greetings soon.
Just let the swoon subside.
You found me on this ride
amid an everlasting rush.

I already know.

Just say it:

"Hush." 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

2 comments:

  1. Your pieces continue to take me on pleasure filled journeys....don't stop! #poeticluv #SocietyOfPoets

    ReplyDelete