Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"Home Plate"

"Home Plate" 

Hands peel back tension like doors.
Separation intangible.
This is standard for us.
You and I,
seldom locking eyes
but yearning for every glance.
Given one chance,
how much would we capitalize on?
Would wrong tarry long
so that it all felt right?
Would it be foolish to fight?
I'm not ready for the light;
so we rendezvous late nights.
Close enough to greet and speak
yet far too somber and meek.
Fingertips and body heat.
Your nails coiled within your hair
while I'm counting threads in pairs.
I'd gaze forever if you'd let me;
but this neck so weak and heavy......
heavier this air I swallow.
Still in all, I'd wax and wallow;
anxious to be here with you.
Waiting as if something new
will take over, hearts that smolder
remove boulders from our shoulders
and allow some interaction.
Incur progress with this passion.
Passive bodies, racing minds
but we're always left behind;
holding fast to run away.
Swore that we'd embrace today.
Promised I'd have things to say.
Just delay to my dismay.

Far away from where I fell,
submerged deep under this well:
fear so great I've lent it hours
pretending to harness power.
Your demeanor my consolation.
I engage the consultation:
Signs that I am not alone;
not forlorn within this zone.
Nothing gained as muscles rest.
Both enveloped at our best,
but our worst won't step aside.
We seem trapped here on this ride.
Sudden strides to walk away.
Increments between delay.
Start then stop but won't confront it.
Two hearts sinking to their stomachs.
If I leave, what have I learned?
If you leave, you won't return.
That's the outcome I will earn.
End result for all concerned.

Labyrinth of silk and sheets.
Survey slightly past your feet.
Less discreet and more for certain.
Deliberate when parting curtains.
Dubious in my design.
Breaking code and crossing lines.
Daring deviant display.
Antithesis of prior days.
Tension still slips through the cracks.
More through dripping pores and backs.
Was too nervous to relax;
now I serve til you climax.............

..............did that feel good?

























Written By: Devin Joseph Metz
 

1 comment:

  1. As usual sir, the way you wind sexy positions within the walls of beautiful visions ....Your word play is always tantalizing!

    ReplyDelete