Monday, September 16, 2013

"Beneath The Patches"

"Beneath The Patches"  

 
You've seen it
and I know you've seen it.
The landscape is bare,
but you pretend that its scenic.
Couldn't see the grass for the tree
yet you ravaged for free.
Silken stains from your membrane
brushed across the patches.
You're intertwined in my locks.
You mingle with my vines
even when I stand behind.
The last of this measure
only keeps you in the fields;
roaming with no purpose
aside from what is on the surface.
That's what I often fail to mention.
 
What's on your menu of dreams tonight?  
The flight. 
As you float, 
tales of the unseen in your heart. 
Making room for me there. 
To guide you, 
through trails and triumphs wins and tries, 
despising the things that say we aren't forever. 
Welcome me. 
Open arms. 
No apprehension.
Actions speaking louder than words. 
Unnecessary to mention.
 
 
If you wish to view my ledger,
it may likely serve you better
to take a third glance first.
A veritable bevy
rests on this mind of mine.
I can't conceal it all in time.
Not around you, at least.
Arose for every occasion
whether alone at home on the phone
or face to face observing grace.
I've fancied it easier
to stand this tall
when more than walls stand between us.
Forgiveness is requested.
You've bested my endeavors
to avert your calls and letters.
Leather seated near my feet.
I perspire from your feats;
marveling at my defeat.
I guess it does pay to compete...
 
I am not a worthy opponent. 
To go against the King or even the grain 
won't prove victorious for me 
and I love it. 
The agony of defeat is sweet 
when served by your hand. 
Stronger than this situation of space. 
Faster than time, 
my heart beats out a rhyme 
same cadence as your words, Love. 
The above thoughts make me smile. 
Stay awhile...
whether it be in the physical or in my mental state. 
Wait out the lonely knowing you're coated in my presence. 
Present yourself to me plainly, but coy.
Ahoy, come with me 
for you are so much more than this letter...
heart to heart, proving WE are better..... 

I presume you've seen this outcome beforehand.
Before hands graze, I am fazed.
The delay in circumstance
would not claim your chance
to implore that you stay with me.
I note the reasoning in your tone.
I've been alone among the crowds
that become increasingly loud
but the warmth of you is enticing.
Exciting as it seems,
I've yet to disclose my dreams.
I will not give way to judgement.
 
I wish silence didn't cause us to go deaf. 
I mean so so deaf 
that only our hands can drown out the sound, 
standing around in every corner 
that you failed to look. 
Around that last bend before you gave up, 
you are enough. 
I wish you knew it. 
From nothing we grew without;
sticks and stones breaking the bones that had our backs...
built this shack that covered our hearts from the beatings....
meeting me with that glance I love for it is you...
tired of wondering...
simply stated:
What you gonna do?
 
 
Everything I can if you believe me.
I'm wound up far too tight.
Can't deal with the deceiving.
Won't uphold interaction
if it serves as mere distraction
for the underlying ulterior.
I'm jaded; not inferior.
I'll peel back my interior
if it means my heart well.
The nights are long,
The rum is cold
and my heart swells.
Fear rung for years;
echoed in a well of tears
but this may be worth it.
Never met perfect.
Not face to face, at least;
but if you wish to roam these fields,
I hope to find some peace.
The wholesome has its piece.
Each piece is but a portion.
The picture clear when you are near.
Make short work of distortion.
 
Written By: Shequita Brooks and Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment