Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Letters From Gatsby"

"Letters From Gatsby"  


Never heard what my neighbors say.
I'll stand at this bridge each day.
These waters still yield reflection;
But the brightest stars offer no direction.
Whether dark or bright in hue,
the sky will reserve a light for you.
My days spent where life stands still
And nights full of gorgeous lights and thrill.
Mere pomp in comparison, my dear
Until the day that we draw near.
Hope rests under that green light.
Forgive me, love. I still fight
With whether or not the choice I made
Was ever worth the price we paid.
More troubles than anyone can find
Rest within this troubled mind.
The colors are dull. Nearly dead.
I see what once was instead.
Shame left me few choices.
No doubt I've heard their voices.
Common men in the company of your grace
And I among them all had little to keep pace.
Whether or not my acts are true,
I've fashioned my life for you.
After navigating squalls,
I rebuilt these blighted walls
For when you come back someday
and implore that you will stay.
Say to me that you believe
Beyond what logic conceives.
Mr. Carraway says my time runs short,
But I respond "Nonsense, Old Sport."
Nothing closer to my grasp
Than those hands I've longed to clasp
tight and warm across my heart.
I know little of these fresh starts.
At this bridge my dreams are cast.
Bittersweet remnants of the past.
Made some moves and left a few scars
All for nights under these stars
Where I can't help but wonder
If a love presumably tossed asunder
was the victim of mere circumstance
Or possibly my greatest blunder.
I've less resolve to match my will.
Time will tell but too much kills.
I pray that distance will stand aside.
Until that day, there's time to bide.

You've never left my heart, Daisy.
I hope that I still have yours.


Jay. ♥

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment