Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Bittersweet Subconscious"

"Bittersweet Subconscious"

Dreamt about you yesterday.
Found some time to hide away.
Found a place far from the chase
Where the mind invites a slower pace.
Thoughts of you sweet to the taste
Like candy chewed standing in place.
Bitter are the yearning moments.
Careful in chaste. No land of atonement.
Soft and delicate your pose.
Remnant petals from our rose.
From dormancy, the ones we chose
Befriend the wind and find our groves.
Cherry blossoms in the fall.
Hands sink deep within the wall.
Sorry that I missed your call.
I just needed time to stall.

Didn't want to wake up.
Our ringtone chose to shake up
My seldom surrendered faculties.
Wanted back my fantasy.

Dreamt of you tonight.
Felt more like a nightmare.
Felt like you didn't care.
Why did you cut your hair?
Swag in your bag,
Swerve on my nerves,
A woman full of fads
Claiming Barbie doll curves.
Wanted back my baby.
Only God could save me
From abhorrence so enslaving
In contempt of my fair lady.

Multicolored wigs,
as shapely as a twig,
and an insatiable itch
To cackle like a witch…………

My eyes twitched for hours.
Took a cold shower
and laid back down
After a few sighs and a frown;

But nothing was better
Than that daydream I had
While writing you love letters.
Sat among an angel's feathers.
Found myself surrounded by clouds.
Suddenly swept up in a swarm.
Spoke to my favorite storm.
She brought you to me.
Everything was so bright;
But I maintained pristine sight.
Dark as ever on this night,
So we collected shards of light.

Since we had light works,
We'll illuminate the sky.

And if it's light work,
You'll feel it in your thighs.

And if this light works,
We'll place it up so high

That Celestial vapors burn pure
Whenever God's angels cry.

How often my heart swells
Amid stints of pure hell
Where the only getaway
are those moments in the day
When I push it all away
And gently scrape the sides
Of this ever active mind
Where fond thoughts of you reside.

I wake up alone late nights.
I pull through with you each day.
I waive no anguish when I say
That my dream is so far away…………

…………I miss you. ♥

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment