Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"The Last Resort(Suicide Watch)"


"The Last Resort(Suicide Watch)"


I won't close my eyes.
I've no regrets.


I've every single reason
to employ these means.
It only lingers for a season;
so why briskly flee the scene?
This is the grand scheme.
This is where we're at:
A long road of swift souls
lost in a twisting path;
but we can find our way.
Don't let me rue the day
that everything is snatched away
because of words we didn't say.


I won't bite my tongue.
I've more words left.


If I had reason to lie,
you would never see my eyes.
If deceit was my mission,
I wouldn't need ambition.
If I aimed for confusion,
then I would feed you illusions;
leaving you to fret
over what you don't know yet.
Truth hurts; but I'll take it.
Time is scarce; but I'll make it.
We don't care; so we fake it.
Clothe my soul. I feel naked.


Time consumed, 
in my room, 
wondering where did love go.
Not just ours.
Minds devoured this prize
Unknown wisdom to the demise of our lives.
Together ;
In depth streams of schemes
To be left unseen ;
through the truth.


There is no surprise. 
All has been set.


Truth refuses to hide away. 
You assign it to another day;
Only to feign fits of dismay
When your "patience" doesn't pay. 
Is it really that unreal
When you allow old habits to stay
And hate the way it feels
Trying to pull frost from the fray?


You take this in stride. 
This is not your best bet.


Complacency will shroud that soul. 
It will simplify the process;
Letting you think you're on a roll
And withhold your lack of progress.
I give you this advice;
But I likely won't take it. 
Hypocritical cloaks have a price;
So my soul may remain naked. 


Naked my ass, 
but of course that's what you'd want.
Stare at women with who don't even flaunt.
Excuses make inconceivable muses.
Diffuses situations in CONTEMPT.
I am held. Bound.
Drowning in your dismay.
Go away.
Please;
for I am growing angry.
Can't see,
Feel,
Heal, 
is what you used to do
to  me.
But i'm blind with your discomfort.
Can't see.


If you leave my side,
I won't object.


Don't get me wrong.
I also tire of this song;
But I pursue us for a reason;
Not just to stall or prolong.
I will not pretend
Or offer you stale amends
I think I should rescind.
Let's bring this to an end.


I release you from your bind.
I hope your needs are met.


I've tainted you far too much.
I've watched you wipe the stains.
Our love is reduced to grains
That washed within the rain.
No longer will you stammer
Through your fits of rage and pain
After I let this hammer
push this bullet through my brain.


A bullet of time
Tainted from your painted filth.
Dark strolls,
Long walks,
Uneven talks,
Who am I talking to?
I'll be more than glad 
to pull the trigger for you;
But for whom? 
You are someone else.
Must you deceive me
When I've weaved thee?
Made you into something great
Only to be filled with hate?
Leave me with sores?
After I off you,
I'll leave th(us) on the floor.


Please don't shiver, baby.
Pull that trigger, sweet lady.
Eviscerate my face.
Decorate the place.


Pick up the pace.
Make it quick.
Go ahead. Close the case.
I bet you think I'm sick.


All we've become is a wick.
No light remains to flicker.
One shot will do the trick.
I won't even flinch or quiver.


Have at it.
Punish my bad habits.
Purge what is left of we.
Go on, love. Be free.


Oh you're funny now.
Now you're ready to bow down?!
You make me fucking sick!
Where was this devotion 
when I asked you to commit?!
You're full of shit!


I won't close my eyes. 
I've no regrets…


There is no surprise. 
All has been set…


Set up,
Sat down,
Cast aside with the pride.


If you leave my side, 
I won't object…


I release you from your bind. 
I hope your needs are met…


We can no longer be;
So I refuse to see
What would become of me.


Precious like porcelain. 
Fancy like wood grain. 
Colorful like glass stained. 
But not as clear as window panes. 


Nothing left to gain. 
You're so pissed. You still cry. 
I've caused you enough pain. 
I'll squeeze the trigger. Goodbye.




Coward flees from seeing 
seas of burnt trees.
I'm gone. 


Written By: Evelyn Storm and Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. *speechless* imagery of this piece, just WOW...love it!!

    ReplyDelete