Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"My Life: Romantic Insomniac"

"My Life: Romantic Insomniac"

I can't sleep at night.
My fear won't let me;
so I toss and turn till daylight
wondering if she'd forget me.
It all happened so fast.
I thought it was forever;
but it was swiftly cast.
We just couldn't keep it together.
We've a very extensive past
to say we didn't last long.
I still drive myself crazy
when I hear one of our songs.
It's almost impossible to breathe
when my heart is at the ocean floor;
so I take short breaths between tears
and stay far from my door.
I wreck my mind daily:
How could someone so receptive
confound and compel so effectively?
Nothing about her cites deceptive.
This wounded soul without a plan
is likely far from her sight.
Although she lays with her new man,
I still hope he treats her right.

I can't sleep at night.
Intrigue has snatched me.
Quaint conversing under moonlight
is all that seems to catch me.
This is so fresh.
A welcome break from the monotony
of those lonely, depressing nights
that served as my monopoly.
She is so interesting.
She is defined and underlined;
but nothing points to unrelenting.
She's full of new things to find.
I've never met her kind.
I doubt she even has a caste;
because we've become intertwined
without much help from my past.
We know where this will lead;
and we aren't trying to ignore
that each nocturnal meeting
reveals what is in store.
Infatuation rooted from planted seeds
makes us want each other more.
I plan to fulfill this need.
It's never felt like this before.

I can't sleep at night.
Love and Lust implore me
to travel four walls at night
as you embrace and explore me.
We abhor words.
Deep breaths are our only definition.
Every single moan heard
lends credence to recognition.
We orchestrate slow movements
but allow our hearts to race.
The furniture provides improvement
whilst we regulate the pace.
The flavor of that first kiss
distinctively lines these lips
that have housed themselves in bliss
completely across your legs and hips.
We drown in rich, juicy desire
but it just feels like sips.
Tears fall. Sweat drips.
Heads dip. Hands grip.
We lay there on the floor;
wading in our fresh puddle
but our minds and hearts implore
that we do much more than cuddle.
We try our best to rest;
but this is what we've longed for.
Every kiss upon your flesh
makes me want you more and more.

I can't sleep at night.
The loneliness won't endear me.
This is just the first night
that she isn't near me.
I forgot how bad it feels
to lay here by myself.
I try to clear my mind;
but it offers little help.
I don't want this solitude.
I've no need to be this shrewd.
I don't mean to come off rude;
but I don't need the multitude:
Visitors and deceitful wishers
hoping that I'll break this bond
that I've forged within her ocean
just to stand within their pond.
I've grown so very fond
of how profound and satiating
it is to feel her warmth;
but that goes without much stating.
I lay awake although it's late.
I like to count the days.
It doesn't make me feel great;
but it's the only way
that I can assure myself
that I'll see her again soon.
I write about her sometimes.
I even sing and croon.
I know she's thinking of me.
More than I could say before.
I know that she loves me.
Nothing ever felt this pure.
I know we'll find a way.
It won't happen in an instance;
but we'll be back someday;
So I deal with the distance.

I can't sleep at night.
So I dream throughout the day.
They place hope within my sight
so I no longer hide away.
I've always embraced this nightly role.
It imparts what most minds lack:
It exercises a dreamer's soul:
the life of a romantic insomniac. <3
Written By: Devin Joseph Metz



No comments:

Post a Comment