Friday, April 22, 2011

"Bright Lights And Cold Blood"

Bright Lights And Cold Blood


Fights hurt. 
No fights work. 
I prefer distance. 
That allows me to employ light works: 
A short spurt 
followed by a large burst of energy.....


One blast towards my enemy 
from his brow to his knees. 
Let the rest stand at ease. 
Watch her scream 
as his flesh creams 
from the triple beam.


Three beams. 
No scale. 
Pure hell. 
Oh well: 
Photon, Pulse, and Moon Raker. 
Concentrated Lasers
that make your situation graver.

Good favor...
For me, at least. 
I grant no peace. 
Too late for repentance. 
You will accept your penance 
in the form of an unruly death sentence.


Steam emanates from this steaming pile.
Let it bubble and fester for awhile.
Such was his destiny
for his deceitful wiles.
So this is what's left of he.
No more unnecessary trials.


Was I too harsh?
Don't expect that inquiry from me.
This was long overdue.
The pill swallowing is through.
Now everyone looks surprised:
"Who Knew? Not me."
"Those two? Why he?"
"That flew completely over me..."


People break their neck to look
and still have yet to see.
They do their best to overlook
Until I'm present to oversee.
I never asked for the assumptions.
I always knew what I would be.
I used to keep this to myself;
but now, I don't care what is thought of me.


I'm no longer an emotional martyr.
Find a new cross bearer.
I've been pushed past farther.
I now seek to invoke terror.
The darkness never looked so bright.
There's pristine vengeance in this mud:
I charred his body with bright lights
and left his remnants in cold blood.


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. The concept is great and the words are sharp. You've got a true gift indeed. I came across your blog on FB and it looks like you have a lot to say and the talent to exhibit it in poetic fashion. Keep writing and feel free to visit WACS Online anytime. OneLove OneNation!

    ReplyDelete