Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Gravity: Circumstance Defined"

Gravity: Circumstance Defined


Gravity...


keeps weighing me down 
like an anchor 
latched at my ankles 
as if to make sure I drown. 
Pound after pound 
plows me to the ground.


Gravity...


feels like much more 
than I can bare at times; 
like a set of endless stairs 
that I've been forced to climb. 
I loathe this twisted paradigm.


Gravity...


is it's own absurd paradox: 
it keeps me "safe inside my box" 
while dangling the keys to the locks; 
leaving me with blunt rocks.


Gravity...


only succeeds at keeping me surrounded 
by staunch views of nobility; 
making sure that I am grounded 
while the free voices are resounded.


Gravity...


will gnash away at my judgement; 
letting the crumbs weigh down my depth; 
each belch holding remnants 
of what there was left.


Gravity...


won't allow me to take flight. 
It seeks to impose and indict; 
making my ambition resemble plight. 
It extinguishes my light.


Gravity...


never meant the best for me. 
It covers my eyes so I can't see 
which branches hang loose from my tree. 
Suffice it to say: I've fallen consistently.


Gravity...


won't allow peace without unneeded risk. 
It does not cease; will not desist. 
It could care less if I were pissed...
.....such a selfish bitch.....


Gravity...


You won't let me be or leave me. 
You don't have to care for me; 
so why don't you want me to be free? 
What is there left of we?


Gravity...


Do you hear me? 
Am I coming through clearly? 
I used to love you dearly; 
but your motives are no longer near me. 
I don't have to fear thee.


Gravity...


get far away from me...
further than all vision can see. 
Give me joy or give me leave. 
I want my reprieve.


Gravity................


........just leave me be....


Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment