Thursday, May 24, 2018

"Different Toilet"

"Different Toilet"

Freedom ain't free.
It won't pay the bills
so you have to pay ...

for the right to kneel.
Opinion ain't cheap.
That's some over time
so you might find
that you'll owe me over time.
Why talk when you run
not walk
on my dime?


Just make sure that production
matches that 40 time.


Out of my mind
but still in my head.
Forgot some bullshit
and wrote this instead.
Somehow we flunked
but there was no test.
Rest reserved for the sunken:
Don't wake up, Mr. West.


Lying like shit:
"Yeah, I did my best."
Somewhat selective
when getting things off my chest.
Maybe we don't really care
at all.
I embellish the climb
but I love to fall
and I love to bawl.
Big tears.
Drawing on the fears
of those far more legitimate.
Opinionated Ignorant
with no punches pulled
and a bunch of abrupt and full assumptions
flung with gumption
so you'll think I'm all about it.


You'd do well to doubt it

but don't bother.
It's clouded.
Just shrouded.
I'm bout it
but I'm not.
Pouted when I got the word.


Wanted to be heard
but let me hide my face first.
Trip if you take a sip
but I got my taste first.
I'll talk about the teen
that was treated like a convict
but only if I've seen
all the likes and the comments.
Don't like the plug
so I might just snub.
Click bait for culture.
Post and tweet subs.
Hash tag the cause
so you know it's pure.
Challenge ten friends
then walk for a cure.


Can't cut a check.
I endorse neglect.
Why stick out my neck
for some shock effect?
Am I not the best version
of aversion?
A deliberate diversion
from the assertion you think I've applied?
Have I lied
or just watered down the truth?
Does life really matter to me?
Am I stranger than the fruit?
Am I possibly the problem?
Am I living what I rue?
Is there shame in this reflection?
Am I contradiction?
Am I..........
 
 
 

 















.......... you?

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment