Tuesday, September 12, 2017

"Across Lines"

"Across Lines" 

The plan
is to tear down this temple
for all that it is
despite what it resembles
until it floats about Atlantis.
Can't stand this symbolism
of the woefully miscalculated
statistics geared toward
a false sense of integration.
Enough smeared across the nation
to where some still think
that our fountains are as clean.
I mean
then I say
then I pray for understanding
but for the time,
I'm landing in the middle.
In the mist.
In the midst
where molotov meets riot gear
and fear mates with anger
conceiving danger
with a complexion that favors the hapless.
The had less
have less
patience for the percentage.
Can't hear another story.
Won't read another sentence
about those sentenced to death
before addressing the threat.
Before pleading for oneself.
Before ignoring the steps
and being slammed against gravel
never reaching the gavel.
There will be crying when
Leviathan awakes
standing strong in the wake
of tiki torches burning state to state
that elate in trepidation
only to cringe when their relation
to oppression is disclosed.
Chose to
blow
through
you
and all you stand for
if your stance means
to bring me to my knees.
Please.
I beg of you.
I've so much better to do
but time will stand still
for you
until I'm through
and I won't disjoint
just to make a point
nor will I disband
so that you're draped across my hands.
Not even.
The plan
is to make sure that even
will never again appear rigid.
Seething and Livid
when recalling every punch and kick,
every curse lined with spit
and every time you gave us shit
for our very existence....
......with bare hands
I will bring you down
brick by brick
until there is barely any room
for even hope to float.




















I'm tired.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment