Sunday, March 6, 2016

"Timeless Part 2: Red Eyes"

"Timeless Part 2: Red Eyes"

A couple million miles from home.
By myself.
I fly alone.
Just one bag.
One carry-on.
Just tonight and then I'm gone.
Swift as the emergency.
Movement with some urgency.
You can't take this hurt from me.
Can't let you take the nerve of me. 


Made my way throughout the thick.
Snatched the candle.
Cut the wick.
Stretched me thin.
It made me sick.
Wearing thin
so I made it quick.
Repackaged and purposed me.
Repackaged me purposely.
Had that candle burn for me. 


Cut the wick.
No burn for free. 


Man of action.
Verb is he.
Sent the faction to murder me.
Men of action murder thieves.
Think then act 


or hurt for me. 

Mind dismantled from the start.
Mine just travels in the dark
but mine intact retains the fact
that there's no use in coming back. 


Swift as the emergency.
Movement with some urgency.
You can't take this hurt from me.
Can't let you take the nerve of me. 


Nothing recent to report.
No reaction. No retort.
Eerie how those words contort
until there's order in the court.
Stalked in silence.
Hunt for sport
as if the violence was resort
to fortify a hoard of eyes
that now wonder why you're mortified. 


Hi. 

I chimed in some kindness
to help with the blindness. 


Hi. 

I practiced well wishes
to help with the sickness. 


Why? 

Don't act like you miss this.
Enough with that sick shit. 


Bye. 

Not here when you visit.
Less time for more business. 


I'm timeless and vicious.
Elastic and viscous.
Outlasting your first sip
and choking you senseless.
Was livid. I'm listless.
Resolved as relentless.
Involved and indignant
aching for this distance. 


Repackaged and purposed me.
Repackaged me purposely. 


No departing words from me.
Witness charged a service fee.
Told them that you've heard of me.
Atop the skies where eyes can't see.
Above the clouds reserved for me.
Frequent miles. I fly for free
with this notebook next to me.
Overnight flight to Italy... 




















Written By:Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment