Monday, October 13, 2014

"Over Time"


"Over Time" 

As you are. 

Just right.
Just ripe for the picking.
The hands move so slow
that I can feel every tick tock.
Thoughts rock back and forth
between the last and the next
embrace in a time frame.
A sort of mind game.
An office space chess board
and I'll move the pawns
if you tell the rooks to back off.
I'm back off and anticipating.
Suspense truly deflating
but I've lost no portion of interest.
After awhile, you'll walk by
and hopefully say "Hi"
and I'll have a response for once
better than this cheesy grin
and a stare that tells of sins
I'd commit with you in public settings.
Momentarily forgetting that
communication is a two person endeavor.
Mixed well within the trances
of clever advances
rarely noticed by those around us,
chance appears as if to taunt us;
flaunting shamelessly when we're alone,
deliberately dangling the bone before you
as if surrender is incentive. 


As you wish. 

Fish for compliments.
Acknowledgement.
Accomplishment of the biased.
Your favor my ace in the hole.
Some control is in order.
Wouldn't dare defile the borders
unless you cut the ribbon first.
No concern for the worst
when given the best chance
to quench our thirst.
Endless invitations.
Situations created against means of convenience.
Consistent yet overt
so I always wonder who's seeing this.
All in for the plans.
I don't need the risk
but we want this moment.
Said I won't be sorry.
I won't need any atonement.
Just the will to want it more.
Occurrences only explored
in my mind until now.
So the plot thickens
like this bulge when you bend over.
After this is over, we'll have thoughts to ponder
during business hours and nights barely sober. 


As you were. 

My oft revisited memory.
Obscenities once imaginative
retain seclusion but have become tangible.
Fanciful occurrences I've thought of
in detail adorned with deep yells
and fulfilling sighs..........
now completely before my eyes.
Well worth the effort.
Weathered the pressure
and held onto mystery tightly.
This cover is slightly blown
gently to the edges of discovery.
Concern yourself not with recovery
but rather on how long.
How long will it take for us
to replace this encounter with the next.
Passers-by in busy hallways.
Days trickle from the calendar
slower than your remnants did
before my unruly consumption.
The challenge is not in their assumption
but rather in their inability to uncover.
Lovers of the danger
that begets perceived strangers
given very little means but
still able to wipe the slate clean.
I honestly don't care
about who else has gone this far.
For what we do, I'll receive you.... 


















........................ as you are. 

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz 

[Words]{About}(...) You.

No comments:

Post a Comment