Monday, March 10, 2014

"Autumn Drapes"

"Autumn Drapes"
You never seem this open in person.
My mystery pronounced intrigue.
Deceived the overtly ambitious…
…delicious fragments of your nature
I collect in obscurity.
Certainly, there is purpose in displacement.
Certainty is the fact I long to taste it.
All of it, honestly.
All that my honesty won't acknowledge.
Every remnant in your wake.
Awakened to the scent
I've imagined you would trace
walking into crowded rooms
or an open office space.
We've only shared proximity
proportionate to that of
this window pane and that turning lane.
You sit across the street.
Only twice we've come to greet
with a glance, a wave, a smile…
…all the while wishing and wondering.

You don't normally do this,
do you?
Not that it shows.
Not like everyone knows.
Intrigue the greatest muse.
Inspiration courageous in this setting.
Forgetting what to say on the way.
Paved the way atop wonder.
Raw form.
Less room reserved for charm.
More for insatiable enchantment.
We lay flat with intention undiscovered.
Uncovered more remnants to savor.
Flavor rich but not transparent.
The only apparent notion
is that emotion preserves drive.
If I might dive, I hope to see
what you were bound to save for me:
fancier of precious notes
soaked in wishful thinking and desire.

Lest you judge me,
I have no regret to face.
Faced with the choice
of imagination or affirmation,
let the former set the pace
for the latter to take it's place.
We will chase uncertainty
until deliberate means manifest.
Limbs stretch wide, perched high
where clouds rival shoulder blades.
Gentle wind acknowledging sweaty legs.
Arms loose like the first lift.
Gift from the skies matching teary eyes.
Cries mark progression and possession fully.
Unruly interaction.
Actions never outlined better than now.
Moments in this mind
carving out portions of time
hopefully revisited in frequency.
Frequently enacting what I've only dreamt of.

Clothe the window.
Seal with shade.
Set aside the time we've made
bring priority to fruition.
Dirty decadence distorted.
Pushed past all limits purported
by those seeking brief encounters.
Slick your tracings on my counter.
Smeared across my clothes.
Streaming between finger tips
Playful pecking at your lips.
Didn't have to hold your hips.
Gripped my mind and left behind
more than I would hope to find.
with recollection this refined,
I've found time to part these blinds.











 
















Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

No comments:

Post a Comment