Saturday, April 27, 2013

"Dirty Laundry"

"Dirty Laundry"

Feelings this hard to explain
Can't make sense of all this pain.
In my mind, you're thriving again.
Dirty cloths highlighting the stains.
Honestly don't know what I'm feeling.
Not quite sure I should be revealing.
Quite impure. You should be concealing
But you're so focused on appealing;
Peeling stitches back like skin.
In God's eyes. Wonderful sin.
You would dare invite me in.
This beginning has no end.

You just slide it to the side.
Hold on to that pride.
Can't afford the price of shame.
Free admission for this ride.
Steeper than the price of fame.
I'm all for it. Play the game.
Guilt looms forward as we hide.
You just slide it to the side.

Stayed up for you last night.
Wait.
I'm up for you most nights.
Right?

Didn't need distractions.
I just wanted action.
I have purpose. I want passion.
I want unruly. No rations.
Don't need to be told
That I shouldn't be here.
I'm truly not concerned
With what they see or hear.
My mind is at ease
Yet I coast like the river.
You lay here in need
And I stand to deliver.
So ready to overflow
That we push past the simmer.
I'm on a stint of greed;
In need of a giver

So just slide it to the side.
Let me grip and glide.
I'm done with the patience.
I am not willing to bide.
I forgot your name.
Can't remember while inside;
But I know you'll surely guide
So just slide it to the side.

We haven't talked in weeks.
Yeah, I know the rules.
This game is for fools.
We cross paths and don't speak.
Her touch lines my arm;
I act like it's warm
But you know better.
Knew that I'd let her
Lay around and linger.
I rub and lick these fingers
That have split and spread you wide
While you take it all in stride.

You gladly slide it to the side.
Temptation was tried.
Told myself I didn't want it.
Fed myself some lies.
You don't hesitate. You flaunt it.
I'm hardly surprised.
No campaign or compromise.
You just slide it to the side.

And if I knew this years ago,
We wouldn't be here years later.
I would quit and find favor.
There's no shame in my behavior.
This is our fault;
Vaulting from on high
To plunge in darkness so deep.
We don't even creep.
As they go separate ways,
We work well around the days.
The malaise should be considered.
We briskly shake and shiver;
Braving circumstance so vaunted.
We jaunt through excursions;
Collecting halfway diversions
For our bevy of perversions.
What is certain is uncertainty.
Certainly, the curtains will be torn.
Discovered by jealous lovers scorn.
Sworn to never see the forlorn.
Never knew what I needed
Or why we never conceded.
Contrite couldn't frame our means.
Just a silhouette in jeans.
Used to be once in awhile.
Now we travel mile for mile.
Used to erase every trace.
Now we keep it all on file.
Would leave in the dead of night.
Shameless skin shines in sunlight.
I no longer wonder why.
No remorse left in these eyes.
Hunger stronger than you know.
Doesn't mean I'll let her go.
I reserve what I will show;
But before I let you go,

Please.

Just slide it to the side.
Not about the pride.
I'm a man of many faults;
So please spare me the snide.
We made this addictive now.
Don't dare resist the ride.
It's like hell on this carousel
but just take me in stride.

Dim eyes. Blank stare.
So high. Dry air.
Moist thighs. Wet hair.
Just stay right there
While I climb deep inside.
Let me grip and glide.
Nothing left to hide.
Just slide it to the side.

Written By: Devin Joseph Metz

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeously devious. Arsenal of sexy verbal prose! Love it

    ReplyDelete